Well folks, here it is! Since there is no official announcement of the Sharks Currie Cup squad, I decided to make one up. I’m not sure if it’s right, but who knows, it just might be!
So, the big unknowns are, of course, Springbok call ups. We know who’s currently in the Bok squad, but the talk is that some of those players will be released, at least for a round or two before the Tri-Nations kicks off in in earnest. We’ll have all of those names back in time for the closing stages of the competition, but they won’t help us early on. So, let’s have a look at what we have in each position, starting from 1 and moving back.
1) Beast Mtawarira (Boks), Deon Carstens (Boks), Pat Cilliers, Sabelo Nhlapo. Barra Mthethwa is a long-term injury casualty.
2) Bismarck du Plessis (Boks), Craig Burden, Skipper Badenhorst.
3) John Smit (Boks), Jannie du Plessis, Wiehahn Herbst.
4) Steven Sykes (Boks), Jandre Marais, Nikolai Blignaut. Mike Rhodes will be considered, but is currently injured.
5) Johann Muller (Boks), Albert van den Berg. Alistair Hargreaves is currently injured.
6) Jacques Botes. Skollie Ndlovu is currently injured.
7) Jean Deysel, Justin Downey.
8) Ryan Kankowski (Boks), Keegan Daniel, Warren Whiteley.
9) Rory Kockott, Charl McLeod, Ross Cronje.
10) Ruan Pienaar(Boks), Guy Cronje, Monty Dumond, Len Olivier
11) JP Pietersen (Boks), Lwazi Mvovo
12) Riaan Swanepoel, Andries Strauss
13) Adi Jacobs (Boks), Zuks Vulindlu, Ian Addendorf. Waylon Murray may or may not still be injured.
14) Odwa Ndungane (Boks), Rocco Jansen
15) Stefan Terblanche, Chris Jordaan, Patrick Lambie
There we go. Let me know if I’ve left anyone out.
Pretty much the same story as in the Super 14. Our first team looks fine, but we’re going to struggle while the Boks are away!Tweet