No, I mean the REAL off season… having one of those “on this day, absolutely nothing happened” moments!
You know that here at Sharksworld our goal is always to bring you the news that matters, all the time – well, I’m afraid that today, at least, I’m going to have to admit failure in that regards because there simply isn’t anything even remarkably noteworthy going on. Here are a few snippets of things which might make for decent conversation, even though I’m not sure any of them deserves an article in its own right.
- Victor Matfield suffered an embarrassing hammering in his last game, as the Wallabies stuffed the Baabaas 60-11 in a one-sided display at Twickenham on Saturday. Despite the defeat, Matfield insists the Barbarians concept “still has value”.
- Paul Treu’s Blitzbokke won bronze at the Gold Coast Sevens, after a proper thrashing by Fiji in the semis saw them knocked out of title contention.Beatin Australia twice in one day to end third was the clear highlight.
- Jake White is apparently interested in the England coaching job, again. Or something. Whatever.
- Samoan loud mouth moron Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu has lost his appeal for tweeting abuse against everyone who moves or dares to challenge him and now faces an unclear punishment – perhaps even a life ban.
- The Baby Bok squad of 45 has assembled in Stellenbosch for the start of a week-long camp that will see Dawie Theron work further with a trimmed-down group of players as he aims to settle on the right combinations to compete for the 2012 IRb Junior World Championship title.
- Long-serving Free State President Harold Verster (remember him? One of our favourites!) is apparently retiring and will be replaced on Tuesday. There’s talk that he may stay on in some capacity related to the Super Rugby franchise, but will no longer be at the helm of the provincial union.
Let’s hope tomorrow brings more news!Tweet