After 21 years in the game, South African referee Jonathan Kaplan will retire at the of the 2013 rugby season.
Kaplan has officiated more games in Super Rugby, Currie Cup and Test matches than any other referee, and will hit his century of Super Rugby matches when he is in charge of the Cheetahs vs Sharks in the first round.
• A world record 68 Test matches
• A record 99 Vodacom Super Rugby matches
• A record 150 Absa Currie Cup matches
• Attended four Rugby World Cup tournaments
• Five Absa Currie Cup finals
• Three Vodacom Super Rugby Finals